where are we?
At the Hostal de la Trucha, the guest is surrounded by natural beauty, the singing of birds, and the murmur of streams. This is Villarluengo (Teruel) in ‘Alto Maestrazgo’ country.
Here composers, writers and painters have found the ideal setting for creative work. Here one can dream of the past in an authentic return to real life as it was, far from city noise.
This is ideal for guests who wish to read a book, go for bracing walks in real countryside, or simply help gather in the harvest.
If he wishes, the guest may even collect freshly-laid eggs from the hens, before enjoying them later! Here, by good fortune, time seems to have stood still.
gps coordinates (latitude, longitude):
- Degrees, Minutes, Seconds: 40° 40′ 2.3268″, 0° 32′ 52.9368″
- Decimal Degrees: 40.667313, -0.548038
- Villarluengo, with the landscapes of the Alto Maestrazgo (El Balcón de los Forasteros)
- Fish farm, in the middle of the Malbrugo – Guadalope official fishing preserve, home to our famous trout
- Mirambel, World Heritage site
- Galve, the paleontological park, with life-size reproductions of five dinosaurs, dinosaur footprints and a museum
- The Órganos de Montoro natural rock formations
how to arrive
- From Barcelona: Take the A2 towards Tarragona-Sitges and continue along the C-32 in the direction of Tarragona-Valencia, carry on along the AP7 to exit 42 Vinaròs-Alcanar-Ulldecona, continue along the N238 and change at the roundabout and take the N232 to Villarluengo
- From Tarragona: Take the AP7 towards Castellón-Barcelona-Valencia, exit 42 Vinaròs- Alcanar-Ulldecona, continue along the N238 and change at the roundabout and take the N232 to Villarluengo